I am so glad I was able to experience doing this on my own. It wasn't a smooth ride though, when I started pushing the doctors realized he was face up coming out, so they had to turn him as he came out, which hurt a lot, and then after an hour of pushing I finally got his head out as the doctor yelled stop pushing, she had quickly realized that he had the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck three times, which explains why I had to push for so long when it normally takes me only ten minutes to push my babies out. They had me stop pushing and then tried to unwrap the cord but it was too tight so they cut it, which made blood spurt all over my mom. It was very intense there at the end, but I finally got him out and when I finally got to hold him after all of that work, I just held him and cried. I have never had to work so hard to get a baby here before and I was just so happy to have been able to do it that I just cried. Its all worth it in the end, but whether I will go all natural again is still up for debate, it really hurt.
I forgot to put this
Benson Robert Miller
Benson Robert Miller
7lbs 12oz
20in. long
Born at 4:18pm on June 26, 2011
You must be crazy! I am impressed and glad that he made it here safely. I can't believe how alert he is in all the pictures he looks so grown up. Wish we could see him in person.
ReplyDeleteYOU DID IT!!! I remember you, and especially Andy;-), thinking/knowing that you could do it all natural! I think that is truly awe-inspiring; you are one tough chick!!! I'm proud that I am your cousin!!!
ReplyDeleteWay to go Tabby! You are amazing! There is no way I am EVER going natural! I am so proud of you for sticking to your guns and going natural!
ReplyDeleteThese pictures made me cry. Then again everything makes me cry these days...
ReplyDeleteCongrats! Benson is adorable, and going natural is awesome! I am so happy that you and Benson are all right and that even though your delivery was long, everyone is healthy. If you don't mind telling, what are his stats?
ReplyDelete