Brooklyn was assigned about two months ago to do an engineering project. Her topic was light and so we looked up on Pinterest a good plant and sunlight project, and started growing a plant, well a day before the project was due, the plant died and the project was ruined, so I had to switch Into super mom mode and Andy had to switch into super dad, we had one night to start a project from scratch that was suppose to take months to plan. Andy found a great experiment with light using refraction, brook drew the pictures, I printed out pics and made them look nice and stuck them to a tri folder. About 10:30 at night we finished it. We were so proud of our selves that I told Brooklyn I didn't care what grade she got, she accomplished something great by just pulling this off. I was already super proud of her. She memorized her presentation the morning of and was on her way. I picked her up that afternoon and was scared to ask how it all went. Turns out she got into the top 3 of her class. Three kids won 1st place in her class and went on to be judged against the other 4th graders. She didn't win overall but she won in her class. It was a bloomin miracle. That's the power of family joining together to accomplish great things. Brooklyn is my hero.


No comments:
Post a Comment