The day started out with all the same traditions, every meal on her birthday she got to pick out, so for breakfast we had pancakes and chocolate milk. We all made her a card. Andy and I decided to do something extra special for Brooklyn this year and spent an hour writing a long personalized letter to Brooklyn. That probably ended up being my favorite part of the whole day, she was so touched by the letters that she cried, which in turn made Andy and I cry. It was very sweet. After that I checked Brook out of school early and we went to our favorite place to get our favorite soup(Panera Bread, creamy broccoli cheese soup). Then we went shopping. She got a new dress and new shoes, and her first training Bras!!! Which was weird for both of us, but I think she was actually excited about them. After all that fun we picked up the kids from school, went to gymnastics, then picked up Brooks best friend Ava to have dinner and presents and cake with us. We ate Garlic Parmesan pasta with shrimp. Rocky and Karen came also. Carolyn sent flowers, and brook got lots of sweet, thoughtful gifts. It really was the perfect birthday. I am so grateful this sweet girl is mine. And to top it all off, She had a super moon on her birthday. It was the closest the moon has been to the earth since world war 2, so it was bright, big, and beautiful. Thanks mother nature for the gift.

No comments:
Post a Comment