The Elders Quorum put on an end of summer party for all the men and their families. The requirement though is that the men had to make the dessert with with no help from their wives.They made it a contest and the wives were the judges. They had sign up sheets where you cast your votes for different categories.
At the beginning of the day, while Andy was shopping for his dessert he started texting Jay and telling him how he better watch out because he is going to kick his trash at the contest that night. And then after texting for like an hour back and forth bashing each other they ended up deciding to join forces to make one gourmet dessert. So here they are cooking away.This was their texting conversation!
Andy: "Going to get my ingredients for my dessert tonight. Oh yeah! need anything, I mean besides help because thats what your going to need to beat me. Bring it on!"
Jay: "You mean you are just starting? Oh man, I have remade mine 3 times just to get it perfect. Your done for!"
Andy: When your the best perfection only takes once. You better bring your "A" game."
Andy: "What no come back. I knew it, your already scared."
Jay: "Sorry, once mine was set to perfection, I decided to relax and take a shower, thus the delayed response from me. You better stop wasting your time texting and work on that food of yours."
Andy: "Tabby said that mel likes to get things done early, hope you didnt get and help."
Jay: "That would be cheating! I would never do such a thing. Did you take tabby with you to the store to buy supplies?"
Andy: "Tabby had other stuff to get. I looked up my own recipe, and gathered my own ingredients, Heck I even got up this morning and milked a cow for my cream."
Jay: "Thats cool. I raised a cow and then milked it. And I gathered my own cocoa butter to make chocolate. "
Andy: "I plowed the fields and planted the grass for the cows to eat, and harvested the wheat to make the grain for the cows and your flower. "
Jay: "Ok , I concede. You win,... you win, you always win!"
Andy: "I almost gave in with your rasing the cow. But....never. "
Jay: "Im actually going to the store in the next few minutes. "
Andy: "If you want you can come over and join me"
Jay: "What do you mean? Join forces and produce one gourmet dessert?"
Andy: "Precisely!"
Jay: "Done!! I'll be over in just a minute. "
And that is how it all began.
Mel and I sat on the couch and chatted while they cooked, it was the best moment of my whole week, I could get use to that.



Funny stuff! That pie looked perfection! Tell Jay and Andy I'm impressed, and jealous I didn't get a taste.
ReplyDelete