Sunday, October 31, 2010

Maddy's Little Accident




Last Friday was the night we were invited to go to a "How to Host a Murder" party. You are given a character to dress up as and everyone in the party has to participate or the game won't work. All of our kids were being babysat next store. In the middle of our game we get a call from the babysitters saying that Maddy's head had been cut and we might want to go check on it. She had hit her face on Lennix's head. When we saw her we immediately knew this was no little cut, she had a huge open gash on her eye brow and she definitely was going to need stitches. We all had to stop the game and reschedule it for next week, which is horrible in its self, everyone had spent hours planning for that night. But everyone understood, and off we were to the emergency room dressed as cowboys. Maddy was pretty scared but we talked her through everything and prepared her enough we thought she would be OK and she seemed calm, but once she got in there with the doctors she cried and cried, she was so scared. Maddy is already so shy that all this attention would have been hard anyways, but on top of that she was going to get stitches in her face. We all had to hold her down, I had her arms and legs and Andy had her head. They had to put stitiches on the inside and out because it was so deep. Then half through the stitching I started to get dizzy and I warned the doctors that I was going to black out. The nurse had to carry me to my chair, Andy took over Maddy's arms and legs the nurse took her head and then Maddy freaked out even more because I was gone. I hadn't eaten since lunch and I am newly pregnant and I was watching a doctor sew up my daughters insides and it all came crashing down. Once I got some orange juice down me I was able to lean against Andy and hold Maddy's hand. Even though Maddy had numbing gel on the wound she had major bruising and so she still felt a lot of pain, so basically it was a horrible night for Maddy. We had left at 8pm and didn't get home until 12:30am, but she is fine now and doesn't seem to be too scarred. It was the craziest night ever.

7 comments:

  1. I think she looks great. I bet she has no trouble getting the hair back. I'll have Matt take a look and see what he thinks. She is still so dang pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Maddy! What a way to spend an evening. I hope that she is o.k? Congrats Tabby! I didn't know that you guys were expecting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can help but feel for her while reading about it. The poor thing. Congratulations on baby number 4!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor little Maddy! From the pictures I would have never guessed she even freaked out over it. What a trooper!

    Newly pregnant?? Did I miss something recently?? Congratulations! How far along?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did I miss an announcement here or is that all we are going to get!?!? Congrats on number 4. I am really being left behind!

    Poor Maddy! I love that little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm putting moneyon girl #4. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you threw out baby#4 so stealthy. Very smooth. :] Congrats! When are you due?

    ReplyDelete